What is Komodo Coin?The Komodo blockchain uses Komodo’s open-source cryptocurrency for performing transparent, anonymous, private, and fungible transactions. Later, they are made to be extremely secured using Bitcoin’s blockchain via a Delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) protocol. The Komodo platform was forked from Zcash and Komodo cryptocurrency is considered as the official currency of the SuperNET network.
What is the Total Fixed Supply of Komodo?With a total fixed supply of 200 million coins from Komodo, 100 million is pre-mined and distributed in the ICO. Out of this 100 million, 90 million is distributed to investors and 10 million is kept aside from investors for future development and marketing of the Komodo platform. The other 100 million coins are still being mined via the proof-of-work algorithm. The ICO period of Komodo was from October 15, 2016, to November 20, 2016. During this period of ICO, 2639 BTCs were raised (worth of $1,983,781 at that time).
How To Buy Komodo Coin Cryptocurrency?
- Buy Komodo Coin from ShapeShift: Buying Komodo using fiat currency is complicated. However, trading other digital currencies like BTC, LTC, or ETH via a Komodo exchange like ShapeShift, makes the process for securing Komodo much simpler.
- Bittrex - Supported pairs KMD/BTC
- Binance – Supported pairs KMD/BTC, KMD/ETH
- Cryptopia - Supported pairs KMD/BTC
Komodo Coin Wallets
- Ledger Nano S – Ledger Nano S is a popular wallet as it provides the safest way of storing KMD currency. This wallet offers robust protection for private keys. Komodo can be purchased on any exchange and transferred to your Ledger address.
- Agama Wallet – The Agama wallet is the official desktop wallet developed by Komodo developers and is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. With a combination of a built-in exchange and "multi-coin wallet" support feature, Agama wallet allows users the safe storing of KMD and other cryptocurrencies
- Komodo Paper Wallet – The Komodo paper wallet contains both private and public keys printed on a paper. These keys need to be stored safely and should be used whenever required.