How To Mine ZCash
Choose A Miner Which Supports ZCashZCash mining makes use of Equicash as a hashing algorithm. This is an asymmetric memory-hard PoW algorithm, which has high RAM requirements to bottleneck the generation of proofs and to ensure privacy. ZCash mining is easy and CPUs can be used to mine. This makes the use of laptops for mining purposes possible. It is a profitable venture as it makes use of cryptographic algorithms, which are resistant to ASIC’s mining. This essentially means that CPUs and GPUs can be used to mine on an individual basis, or in tandem. Choosing a miner is an essential step in this process. There are several miners to choose from and users are advised to choose from multiple miners to prevent traffic in a specific miner. Miners like Slushpool and Nicehash are popular but MinerGate is by far the most used. Miners like MinerGate.com offer added benefits:
- It can run on multiple platforms.
- It can be used in a Windows or Mac operating environment.
- The entire process of downloading a miner, configuration, and getting started only takes around 15-20 minutes.
- The periodic hikes in profit make the ordeal worth the effort.
- AMD cards and nVidia cards can be used for mining purposes as well.
- These add profit to the ZCash mining process as they can be used simultaneously with the mining software (provided the PC or Laptop of the user has a processing system of i5 or above).